Monday, November 22, 2010

2nd Trimester...

Here I come.  Well, technically I'm already there but it's been a long 14 weeks.  Here are some things I never knew about pregnancy:
  • I would fear going to the bathroom.  When will this toilet-paper obsession stop?
  • My boobs do not even look like my own.  I've always been a full figured gal, but lately the girls are out of control.  And OMG, they are so sensitive.
  • Morning sickness is a misnomer....try all day nausea.  I'm 14 weeks in and am still taking Zo.fran every.single.day.
  • Grandmothers to be become CRAZY!  My mom and I have always been close and talk on a regular basis (daily or every other day), but now the conversations are different.  Never about work or gossip about family.  Always "are you eating enough?", "how are you sleeping?", "do you need me to do anything?".  I know she means well, but I swear I'm not handicapped - I'm pregnant!
  • Round Ligament Pain....I dread sneezing and coughing.  I've never had that kind of pain down there.  And don't even get me started on the sensation known as "lightening crotch." 
Needless to say, pregnancy has not been what I thought it would be.  I guess I had this idealistic view of it.  Boy was I wrong.  Mr. MBC reminded me last week that just because I "don't enjoy pregnancy" doesn't mean I love our babies any less.

1 comment:

  1. I have to comment on a few of the above:

    - At more than 28 weeks, I am still checking the toilet paper. Every.single.time.
    - The boob thing is beyond anything I ever imagined. I mean, I expected them to grow, but do they have to look so, well, freakish? Just wait...they get weirder as you go!
    -My mom also turned on me. She's better now, but early on it was maddening!

    Mr. MBC is right. I dislike being pregnant bunches, but I still love my baby. And, honestly, the past few weeks I've kind of liked being pregnant. The beginning and most of the middle was crappy, the past few weeks were pretty good, and now I can tell I'm heading back towards crappyville. I've gone from feeling really guilty about my misery to just accepting it. Don't let it get you down! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Have you seen my baby carriage?