Friday, December 10, 2010

Update from 16 week OB Appt....

Hi lovelies!  The world must be coming to an end because this is my 2nd post this week. 

I had my 16 week OB appointment yesterday.  Nothing too exciting - PIAC, finger prick, weigh and then see the doctor.  I met a new nurse yesterday and I swear she was more excited than me about twins.  She just kept on and on.  Then my regular nurse took my vitals.  My blood pressure was a little elevated, but she thought it was because I'm still battling the crud.

I actually saw my OB yesterday, Dr. H.  He came in and found the heartbeats very quickly.  It was the first time he's actually heard them since I saw Dr. L the last time I went in.  He asked the routine how ya feeling? still dealing with morning sickness? blah, blah, blah questions.  But then he asked the best question of the day - looking at Mr. MBC and I he said "Are we ready to find out what we have in there?"  Immediately we both said "YES!".  So, we scheduled our anatomy scan for two weeks from yesterday, Christmas Eve Eve.  I'm so excited because we will be able to surprise our families at Christmas.  My parents and Mr. MBC's mom knew about our trouble TTC, so the excitement was there when we announced our BFP, but it wasn't completely unexpected.  Know what I mean?

After that excitement, Dr. H mentioned my cough and stuffiness.  He gave me a prescription for an antibiotic to help me kick it for good.  Then he asked if I've had questions.  I think he knew the answer before he asked :)  Anyway, I asked him about some tightening and pressure I've been feeling in my lower abdomen - especially when my bladder is full.  Dr. H confirm what Dr. Google had told me earlier in the week - Braxton Hicks.  He said they are completely normal and to be expected in a twin mother much earlier than a singleton pregnancy. 

All and all a good appointment.....then all hell broke loose :(  I got to work and my students were testing all day.  Around 10:30 I started feeling really nauseated.  I took a Zo.fran, but I was sure that it wasn't morning sickness.  Not much later I had to bolt from my classroom and dash to the restroom.  I barely made it; didn't even get to lock the door.  To me, vomitting is the worst kind of sick.  This continued on and off for about 2 hours.  Normally I would have been able to leave as soon as I had my classes covered.  However because I had been to see Dr. H earlier in the day, Mr. MBC dropped me off at work.  His office is about an hour from my school...longest.hour.ever!!!!  While waiting on Mr. MBC, I went to the nurse's office and laid down on the cot.  She told me there was a stomach virus going around and it sounded like I had it.  Fan-freaking-tastic! 

Luckily, I had some Phenergr.en at home.  I took a pill as soon as I got home and slept for about 4 hours, got up and ate a little, and then went back to bed.  I didn't vomit at all after taking the Phenerg.ren but I'm still having some stomach cramps and issues with the other end :( 

So, for the record....fighting the crud for weeks + stomach virus + pregnancy = worst possible day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have you seen my baby carriage?