Everything went as planned except one thing....Mr. MBC and I are expecting twins! Holy Crap! I didn't even think it was a possibility based on my ultrasound prior to my last IUI. Here's the first photo of the MBC Babies:
Please excuse the poor quality. I had to take a photo of the ultrasound print with my phone.
Everything is moving along well. Baby A is measuring 1 or 2 days behind Baby B, but the ultrasound tech assured me that was perfectly normal. Baby B is measuring 5 weeks, 5 days so perfectly in line with our IUI date.
I talked to the nurse about some things and feel better:
- She assured me that all of the cramping was just my uterus expanding and nothing to worry about.
- She told me I could take a fiber supplement each day to help with my poop problem, more specifically lack of.
- She's going to talk to Dr. L about giving me some meds to help me sleep at night. Exhaustion hits me around 2:30 or so each day. I'm asleep by 8:30 most nights, but wide awake shortly after midnight. I've always had sleep issues, but not that I'm pregnant it's hard to push through the day after a night of no sleep.
- She gave me some free sample of Rx Strength pre-natal vitamins. I asked about switching to one that had DHA in it and she offered samples, so I took them.
- She told me it was up to my OB as to how long I would take the Metformin. So I guess time will tell on that. She said that Dr. L typically reccomends up to 20 weeks.
- Laslty, I asked about having sex. Mr. MBC has been quite neglected since my spotting scare the other week. I was advised "nothing in the vagina" until further notice. The nurse gave us the green light as long as sex isn't painful or leads to spotting.