Tuesday, September 28, 2010

6 weeks

Hey, hey!  Here's my 6 week update.  Nothing too exciting.  I plan on taking weekly pictures, but right now there's nothing to show other than fat and bloat.


Weight gain - None.  I actually lost the 2 pounds I had previously gained.  I finally pooped.  But I can tell that my body is changing. 

Symptoms - Still having some cramping, but not as bad as the week before.  I have two major symptoms - sore boobs and exhaustion.  I can tell that my boobs are larger.  I'm still fighting buying new bras.  I'm afraid of how many cup sizes I'm going to increase during this pregnancy (and post pregnancy when I attempt to BF).

As for the exhaustion, I feel like I cannot get enough sleep.  I've been in the bed by 9 each night and that's after falling asleep on the couch.  Luckily, I am sleeping better.  Thanks to Dr. L prescibing Amb.ien.  I'm trying not to take it every night, but I know how good it is.

Clothes - I went shopping with Mr. MBC last week after finding out about the twins.  I figure there's no need in suffering through tight clothes when I'm cooking up a double dose of baby.  Then my mom came up on Sunday and we went shopping as well.  As of now, I have a couple pairs of maternity jeans (HEAVEN!) and a couple of dresses.  I bought several shirts as well for layering under sweaters and cardigans in the coming months. 

Coming Up This Week - Mr. MBC and I have our second ultrasound this week.  We're both very excited about seeing our babies again.  I'm hoping we can get a heartrate this week.  Wishful thinking??? 


In other news - After seeing the heartbeats last week, Mr. MBC couldn't keep quiet any longer.  We've told all of our family and many of our friends.  I was hoping to keep it from my students for a little while longer, but kind of got called out yesterday by a student.  It's only a matter of time.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! I'm new to your blog, and I'm totally excited for you. Make sure you get some rest and listen to your body. It makes the symptoms much more manageable. I even took catnaps at work when I felt overly tired.

    Best of luck to you!!

    ReplyDelete

Have you seen my baby carriage?