Tuesday, January 4, 2011

20 week update and more....

How far along?  20 weeks (and 3 days)....officially on the downhill slide :)


Weight gain/loss: As of last week, I've gained a total of 9 pounds.  Although it's not much, I'm struggling with the way my body looks.  I know that pregnant women are supposed to gain weight, have a big belly, etc.  But I've always struggled with my weight and I feel like I just look fat and not pregnant.



Maternity clothes? All day, every day. I had to invest in some pants for winter over the weekend.  All of December I was able to wear jeans to work, but now that the holidays are over we are back to the professional look Monday thru Thursday and casual Friday. 


Stretch marks? Still just the one on my belly.  I've been keeping a close eye on my hips, boobs and butt, but I have not seen any new ones there.



Sleep? Let's not discuss it.


Best moment since last update? The anatomy scan and our reveal to our families on Christmas Eve. 


Food cravings: Can't beat Chik Fil A in the morning :)  I was good over my two week break from work and did not have CFA once. 



Genders: TWO BOYS!!!!  Mr. MBC and I are so excited. 


Belly button in or out? Still in



Movement? Sort of....I've felt flutters a couple of times, but no major kicks or anything.  I have an anterior and posterior placenta, so Dr. H says that's why I'm not feeling much.  He said he's going to remind me of my disappointment around 30 weeks when they are fighting for space in there.



What I miss? Still missing wine, but not as much now that the holidays have passed.  The one thing I really miss is being able to get comfortable in bed.  I have a body pillow, but it doesn't seem to be helping too much.  My body hurts when I get out of bed in the morning.



What I'm looking forward to:OB appt this week.  My blood pressure has been on the "high side of normal" at my last three appointments.  I've been monitoring my BP at home and it's been holding steady.  I really anxious about the possibility of being put on BP meds.



Milestones: Mr. MBC and I have started making some decisions about the nursery now that we know that we are having 2 boys.  It's nice to get back to my Type A, OCD self and start making a plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have you seen my baby carriage?