Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2010 - A year in review....

I've seen this on a couple of different blogs and thought I would join in as well....

1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?

Gotten pregnant!!

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

I don't remember making any major resolutions.  If I didn't make them, I guess that means I didn't fail at any, right?

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

Yes - several internet friends and a couple of real-life friends.

4. Did anyone close to you die?

No.

5. What countries did you visit?

Just the good ole' USA.

6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you didn’t have in 2010?

Two healthy baby boys.
A new house.
A new car.

7. What dates from 2010 will be etched upon your memory, and why?

January - April 2010: My dad was deathly ill and in the hospital for the better part of 4 months.

September 8, 2010 - getting my BFP :)

September 23, 2010 - finding out it's TWINS!

December 23, 2010 - Two boys!

8. What was your biggest achievement of this year?

Tough one....I feel like so much of my time and energy for the year was put into IF and treatments that I didn't do anything great.  Unless you count surviving the heart ache month after month.

9. What was your biggest failure?

Geesh...I should have read all of the questions before deciding to play!

Probably not supporting Mr. MBC as much as I could have when he was dealing with some issues in February and March.  I was too focused on my dad and his health.  I didn't realize how much Mr. MBC was hurting and feeling lost.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

Nope.

11. What was the best thing you bought?

Maternity jeans....seriously, they are like heaven!

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?

The Sweetest Little Girl in the World.  She's such a trooper.  Her "mother" is not the greatest in the world, but SLGW is one of the happiest, smartest and outgoing children I've ever met.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

Dr. Gonzales....one of the first doctors to see my dad when he first got sick.  Let's just say she's been reported to her hospital & the state medical board.

14. Where did most your money go?

Mortgage and household expenses - day to day crap that's not fun.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

Finding out that I was pregnant, finding out it was twins, finding out that it's two boys.

16. What song will always remind you of 2010?

"Anything Like Me" by Brad Paisley.  It came out right before we  had our anatomy scan.  If my boys turn out to be half the man Mr. MBC is, I'm a lucky woman.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?

a. happier

b. fatter, but pregnant

c. poorer

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?

Date nights with Mr. MBC

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?

Cry

20. How did you spend Christmas?

All over the place.  We had 5 gatherings over 5 days.

21. What was your favorite TV program?

Bravo's Real Housewives of .....  you pick the city.  I love them all!

22. What was the best book you read?

Plain Truth by Jodi Piccoult.  I enjoy her writing and have read several books by her.  But most of my reading in  2010 focused on Infertility and being pregnant.

23. What did you want and get?

A Nook and digital camcorder - both Christmas gifts.

24. What did you want and not get?

To move to another house.  Our house has been on the market for almost a year :( 

25. What was your favorite film of 2010?

Don't know....

26. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

I turned 32 last June.  I went to dinner at The Cheesecake Factory with Mr. MBC, SLGW, my parents, my brother & my MIL.

27. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

Not putting so much energy into my TTC troubles.  I wish I had put more energy into becoming a better teacher, wife, daughter, sister, etc.

28. Who did you miss?

My old roommate.  She moved a state away and we rarely see each other.  We chat mostly through FB these days.

29. Who was the best new person you met?

I met two internet friends that are pretty awesome!

30. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.

I'm an optimistic person, have faith in people, and belief that given a choice people will do the right thing.  I was reminded by a couple of people over and over again that they think only of themselves and put themselves above everyone else.

1 comment:

Have you seen my baby carriage?