Friday, January 28, 2011

I'd like to thank....

Isn't that how all acceptance speeches start?  I'm not much on watching the actual award shows, but I love seeing what everyone is wearing.


I've been nominated by 2 lovely ladies for the Stylish Blogger Award.  Thanks to Rebecca and Megannjay

Rebecca's blog once one of the first blogs I started following when I discovered the awesomeness of IF blogging.  Be sure to stop by her blog and say "Hello!".

I "met" Megannjay online as well.  She and I bonded over our shared troubles and frustrations where TTC is concerned.  We started emailing occasionally, became friends on FB and now we email regularly.  She's just starting her first IVF cycle.  I've got everything crossed for her and her hubby.  Be sure to stop by her blog and give her some encouragement :)

The rules of the award:

1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you this award. (check, check)


2. Share 7 things about yourself. (see below)

3. Award 15 recently discovered new bloggers. (see below)

4. Contact these bloggers and let them know about the award. (on my to-do list)

Seven random facts about me.....be warned - I'm not that interesting!!

  1. I grew up in the country - like in the middle of a field.  No stop lights, no grocery store, no WalMart.  Nadda.  My dad grew up there and my parents moved there when I was about 5 years old.  They lived there until recently. 
  2. Mr. MBC & I met at a bar.  Oh, the shame!!!  We dated for a few months, stopped dating for about 6 months and started dating again.  We talked for about a month when we were "not dating" and then went out on our 2nd first date in October and were engaged the next June.
  3. I have one brother and he is 10 years younger than me.  He and I have a good relationship and can talk to one another about almost anything.
  4. Other than Mr. MBC, my mom is my best friend.  She and I talk almost daily.  Now that I'm pregnant, we talk 2 or 3 times a day on certain days.
  5. I do not like elevators.  I've gotten better in the past few years, but for the longest time I would not get on a crowded elevator.  I will not go to the back.  I'm that person that stands to the side and lets you walk past me.  I cannot handle the thought of being stuck in the back of the elevator - must.get.off. as soon as the door opens.
  6. The thought of having 2 newborns at once scares the bejeezus out of me.  I don't know what it's like to have one newborn, but the thought of two is so overwhelming.  Don't get me wrong, I love my boys and cannot wait for them to be outside babies.  I guess the number of phone calls between me and my mom is going to keep on growing.
  7. Right now I'm sitting in my classroom with thirteen 14&15 year old girls.  As I listen to their conversations and see how silly they are, I'm very glad that I'm not having two girls!
Now it's time to share the love.  Blogs that I'm awarding the Stylish Blogger Award to (in no particular order):

  1. Alex at Alex's Adventures.  She's about to start her FET cycle.  Good luck, Alex!
  2. LadyProf at Attacked by Evil Ovaries. She's celebrating her BFP after her second IVF cycle.
  3. Busted Kate at Busted Plumbing.  She's a new mommy to Tuck.  He's so precious!
  4. Fertility Chick...she and her hubby have went through many IF treatments and are now seeking adoption.
  5. LGLDVM at Hoping For a Chance.  She is in the middle of her first injects + IUI cycle.  Stop by and enjoy her drawing of the difference between a rock and her ovaries
  6. Emily at Living After Losing.  Her blog is her diary to her boys that were born too early.  She also reflects on the journey.  She's very brave and honest in her writing.
  7. Al at Mission: Motherhood.  I began following Al's blog long before I ever thought of starting my own.  She and her husband had trouble along the way to parenthood, but she's pregnant now!  It happened on a break cycle and she's less than a week behind me in her pregnancy.
  8. Mrs. W at Nothing Easy.  She's another friend that I've made through online communities.  She and I actually "met" when planning our weddings.  She's expecting her first in September after IVF #2.
  9. Kelly at Our Silly Rodriguez Family. Kelly is a full time mom, wife and student.  She blogs about a little bit of everything.  If you're thinking of cloth diapering, she has quite a bit of knowledge on her blog.
  10. Melissa at Rick and Melissa plus 1.  Melissa is expecting her daughter in May after losing her first daughter during the 2nd trimester.  She's currently on bedrest, but is making the most of it.
  11. Egg at Such a Good Egg.  Egg is expecting boy/girl twins after a long and heartbreaking road.  She's just hit the 3rd trimester and is moving right along in her pregnancy.
  12. Christine at The Conception Craze.  Christine is about to start her FET cycle.  Stop by and wish her luck.
  13. Lolo at The Little Things.  Lolo is expecting girl/girl twins in June.  She and her hubby were gearing up for IVF and did one last IUI cycle before moving on. 
  14. Amber at TTC Isn't as Easy as 1-2-3.  Amber is expecting twin girls in April.  She has been on bedrest for nearly a month and was admitted to the hospital earlier this week due to a shortened and irritable cervix.  Stop by and show her some love.
  15. MSC from GP at What's Left? There's Life.  MSC is a new mommy to sweet Lillian.  Stop by and check out the cuteness that abodes from little miss Lily's face.

Thanks again to Megannjay & Rebecca for this awesome award. 

Coming up next - nursery ideas and an update from my OB visit yesterday.

2 comments:

Have you seen my baby carriage?