Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Day 3

Day 3-Your first love


Not sure how to approach this one.  I had two boyfriends that I used the "L word" with before I really knew what it meant and what it really felt like.  Both of them were great guys, but at 14 or 15 years old, do you really know what love is?

Anyway, I guess my first love lasted for about 5 years.  He and I met through mutual friends and began dating my senior year of high school.  We dated all through college without issue until my senior year of college.  Looking back, we just grew apart and did some really crappy things.  And of course, I think he did a lot more crappy stuff than I.  After we broke up, we talked and dated on and off for a year or so.  I finally washed my hands of him when I found out that he was in a serious relationship and there was a baby on the way.  HELLO??!?!  Could I have been any more stupid?

I will not lie...it was hard.  Very hard.  But after that I learned that my first love should be myself.  I learned that if I wasn't looking out for my well-being and my happiness, neither would anyone else.  This of course excludes my family and friends, but you know what I mean.  I didn't really date anyone for several years and the one "relationship" I had before meeting Mr. MBC ended when the guy told me I wouldn't let him get close and kept my guard up.  He was tired of trying to break it down.  After that, I figured I needed to find a happy medium between throwing everything I had into a relationship and not letting the other person in. 

Enter Mr. MBC....I fell hard.  Quick!  He will tell you that he was scared of my feelings for him and how strongly he felt for me.  Which explains the 6 month break that he and I took between the first time we dated and the second time.  But once we started dating again in October, we were engaged in June, building a home in September and married in March.  I guess you could say we're still pretty hot and heavy :)  AndI love every minute of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have you seen my baby carriage?