Saturday, February 19, 2011

Welcome to 3rd Trimester:)

How far along? 27 weeks - officially in the 3rd trimester

Weight gain/loss: I haven't been on the official scales in over 3 weeks, but I'm guessing I'm up a total of 16 or 17 pounds.  While I'm at my heaviest weight ever, I know that I've had a healthy pregnancy in terms of weight gain and I'm doing what's best for my boys.  At my last appt, Dr H said I'd likely weigh less when I leave the hospital than I did before getting pregnant.  I can take that :)


Maternity clothes? All day, every day. With the weather changing and spring approaching, it looks like I'm going to have to invest in some new tops. 

Stretch marks? On the belly....both sides :(  But only Mr. MBC and I will ever see them, so I'm trying not to fret too much.

Sleep? Good days and bad days....

Best moment since last update? I posted about it here, but Mr MBC finally felt the babies move.  So cool!

Food cravings: Still loving my chicken biscuit in the morning.  I've also added Sour Patch Watermelons to my afternoon snack.  The sweet-sour combo helps keep my stomach calm and not so pukey.

Genders: TWO BOYS!!!! Lots of onesies with trucks, cars, & sports on them :)

Belly button in or out? In...I don't think it will ever poke out.  It's just stretching and looking like a donut.

Movement? All the time!  JS (Baby A) is much more active than his brother, H.  However, JS moves more smoothly.  When H is moving, I know it...very sudden and strong.  I love it though!

What I miss? Being able to talk without losing my breath.  As a teacher, it's getting increasingly difficult to lecture and have discussions with my students.  Crazy thing is this....I can walk through the mall, across the building, etc without losing my breath.

What I'm looking forward to: I have a big day on Thursday.  I have my glucose test in the morning, followed by a growth ultrasound and then a visit with Dr. H.  That afternoon, Mr. MBC and I go back to the dr. for the optional 4D ultrasound.  I cannot wait to see the boys! 

Milestones: Today marks the beginning of 3rd trimester, 27 weeks.  Techinically this means I have 13 weeks left, but I know that Dr H is not going to let me go past 38 weeks.  So Mr. MBC and I will have outside baby boys in 11 weeks or less!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have you seen my baby carriage?