Monday, February 28, 2011

10 weeks or less...

Ho.Lee. Crap!  Dr. H said that we'll have outside babies in 10 weeks or less.  I mean, I knew this, but to hear him say it made it that much more real.  EEEK!  So much to do, so little time.

I had a regular appt with Dr. H last week.  It was quite the day.  I started off drinking the lovely orange glucose drink.  So sweet!  Not horrible, but I had built it up to be much worse than it actually was.  Good news = I passed the 1 hour test!!!

Between drinking the glucose and having my blood drawn, Mr. MBC and I headed over for a growth u/s.  It's always great to see the boys on the screen.  Except well, the u/s tech sucked and didn't show me anything.  Mr. MBC got to see everything and said both boys were moving around, kicking, punching, etc.  I'm glad he was able to see it, but I was upset that I could see anything.  Then I reminded myself that I get special moments that Mr. MBC doesn't - like the boxing match that was taking place at midnight last night.  It seems that I have some night owls on my hands.

The growth u/s didn't go quite as planned.  Baby B, H, would not cooperate.  He kept balling up and wiggling around.  Due to his position and poor measurements, he's technically measuring a pound less than his brother, JS.  But, Dr. H is convinced that it's really not that much of a difference.  He went over all the measurements and the development of heart, brain, spine, etc.  He said both boys are right on track and look fabulous.  This made me feel better, but I'm still worried about my itty-bitty H. 

I'm supposed to have a targeted u/s one day this week to get better measurements and make sure there are not cord or placenta issues that the normal u/s did not pick up.  But, Dr. H said he wasn't worried and neither should we.  He said it's likely that I'm gonna have a big boy and a little boy.  As long as both of them are healthy, I don't care how much they weigh....well I do, but I'm trying not to focus on this 1 pound difference.

After seeing Dr. H, Mr. MBC and I went to lunch.  I didn't eat breakfast before the glucose test and forgot to take my snack with me for afterwards.  So I felt so weird!  Jittery, jumpy, nauseated....just plain yuck!  But after eating, I felt so much better.  Word to the wise - eat a protein based breakfast or at least take a protein snack with you for afterwards :) 

Lastly, we headed back to Dr. H's office for our 4D u/s and I was finally able to see both boys.  Such a sweet moment.  JS is definitely my bigger boy.  He's head down and ready to come out.  He was very cooperative during the scan and the u/s tech was able to get some great pics of him.  We even  have one with him smiling...it melts my heart every time I look at it.  It's so neat to see how JS has Mr. MBC's nose and cheeks already. 

Then it was time to look at little H.  He's my "mover and shaker" according to Dr. H.  He did NOT want to be seen.  He was moving all around, but he had his mind made up that we were not going to see his face.  He kept it turned toward my back the entire time.  I tried to switch positions, shaking my belly, poking my belly....NOTHING worked.  But seeing him move around and make fists made me feel so much better about him being so small. 

Side note - the u/s tech that did the 4D scan was different than the one from the growth u/s.  She said she had looked at the scan from the morning and she agrees with Dr. H that some of the measurements are not accurate.  She also told us the biggest difference was in the belly measurement.  She thinks that JS has put on his belly fat already and H hasn't.  She said other than the belly measurement there were not any significant differences. 

*************************************************
My visit with Dr. H was last Thursday.  Mr. MBC and I were out of the office by 10:30.  Dr. H said his nurse, K was going to call and make the appt for the targeted u/s.  She was supposed to call me when it was scheduled.  Well, it's Monday morning and I still haven't heard from her.  I left 2 messages on Friday and no return phone call.  If I don't hear from her today by 2:00, I've decided I'm just going to stop by Dr.  H's office on my way home.  I realize that I'm not their only patient, but Dr. H said he wanted this u/s done before I see him again on Thursday.  I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have you seen my baby carriage?